Kitchen Fire Suppression System Use
How do restaurant fire suppression systems work?
Kitchen Fire Suppression System is designed to work automatically in case of fires that occur when there are no users in the kitchen.Without waiting for the instant fire extinguishing system to work automatically, operate the system by using the manual button.Keep personnel away from cooker hoods and cooking appliances.Inform the kitchen authority and fire department.
- Kitchen Fire Suppression System is designed to work automatically in case of fires that occur when there are no users in the kitchen.
- Without waiting for the instant fire extinguishing system to work automatically, operate the system by using the manual button.
- Keep personnel away from cooker hoods and cooking appliances.
- Inform the kitchen authority and fire department.
After The Sytem Activated
- The Chemical Extinguishing Liquid used in the system is FIRE ERASER, which is a Potassium Carbonate (K2CO3) Solution.
- Fire Eraser contaminated foods must be destroyed in a controlled manner.
- Fire Eraser is not toxic. However, when swallowed, it is harmful and irritating.
- If food contaminated with Fire Eraser is accidentally eaten, the nearest medical aid center should be visited.
- After the system is used, hood, filters, chimney and cooking appliances can be used after washing them with hot water.
- Before the kitchen is used, it must be examined and approved by the Hygiene and Food engineer.
- It should be ensured that the extinguishing system is refilled and activated by the authorized service.
- All processes experienced before, during and after the fire should be reported. If there is any, closed circuit camera records they should be archived and used as data in future personnel training of the enterprise.
- The AUTHORIZED SERVICE must be called in order to reactivate the activated system. Do not use cooking appliances and the kitchen until the system is activated again.
USER DAILY CHECKS
- Cooking devices locations and positions should be checked. If there is a change in location or a change in position in the devices, do not use the kitchen until it is corrected.
- The directions of the nozzles on the cooking devices should be checked. Nozzles should be positioned and directed towards the center of each cooking appliance. If there is a change in their position, do not use the kitchen until it is corrected.
- Do not hang scoops, pans, tongs, etc. on nozzles and piping.. (Otherwise, it will prevent the extinguishing liquid that will be sprayed from the nozzles)
- When leaving the kitchen, it should be checked that the electricity and gas supplies of the devices are turned off.
- It should be checked that no food or cooking oil is left on or in any cooking appliance.
- The manual button pull pin and seal of the extinguishing system are controlled. If the pin has been removed or the seal has been broken, the authorized service should be informed.
- It should be checked that the manometer needle on the system tube is in the green area.
- Pipes, nozzles, detectors and tubes should be checked for any damage.
- The inside of the hood and filter’s waste oil discharge channel should be cleaned every week.
- The hood should be checked against excessive greasing inside the chimney, and it should be cleaned by informing the kitchen authority in inappropriate cases.